The increased need of EVM brings with it a set of concepts, tools, processes and acronyms that most organizations and program/project staff are not familiar with. Additionally, EVM requires staff beyond project managers to be familiar with the processes and concepts.
Our instructor Nicholas DeBenedetto is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute and Earned Value Professional (EVP) from the American Association of Cost Engineers International (AACE). He also holds a bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, a Masters certificate in Applied Project Management Theory and a graduate certificate in Earned Value Management.
- “… (this) course did far more than providing the standard definitions and formulas and stands out as an outstanding return on investment. I highly recommend your program to anyone interested in EVM training for either themselves or their staff. – Nathan Sanders” Read Full Testimonial
EVM Hands-on bootcamp
Government budget issues, program cuts, and increased transparency and accountability requirements have created the perfect storm which has propelled the need for organizations and agencies to leverage Earned Value Management (EVM) to improve program performance and increase the likelihood that programs are delivered as proposed/stated.
Off Peak Training offers the course in two formats. The 2 night (6 hour/pdu) course provides a solid foundation for earned value. Homework is provided to replace breakout sessions. The 2 day (14 hour/pdu) course offers more practice with interactive breakout sessions. Both course formats cover the same content and follow the same syllabus. Completing either course will enable you and your organization to successfully leverage EVM to improve program performance.
Key Topics Covered
- Drivers, Requirements, Standards/Guidelines
- Earned Value (EV)
- Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Earned Value Management Systems(EVMS)
- Questions and Answers
- Section 1: Overview
- Section 2: Organization
- Section 3: Planning, Scheduling, and Budgeting
- Section 4: Accounting Considerations
- Section 5: Analysis and Management Reports
- Section 6: Revisions & Data Maintenance
As a Reston, VA based company, Off Peak Training serves the Washington, DC area with excellence in education and community building. By delivering, training solutions at accessible times and locations for busy professionals, our goal is to help you reach yours. We are actively involved in our local chapters of the PMI® and other organizations that benefit our community. View our testimonials!